Sunday, February 22, 2009

Video Project Version 2.0

This is the second iteration of my final video project for EDUC 8842, Principles of Distance Learning. The first version of the video is still my favorite one, as I believe it maintains the true message of Serious Games without additional distractions. However, since it did not meet the requirements set forth in the rubric for this project, I re-did it. The revision forced a change in the overall message, and it now includes a voice-over narration and some additional video footage of yours truly. There is a compelling reason that I do not appear in front of the camera: I am not photogenic, and cameras do not like me. Consequently, I have found that the most effective way to keep from being included in the photo or video is to be the camera operator!

The rationale for the re-do is that there is a requirement in the rubric for me to demonstrate that I know how to use a video camera. Let it be known that the camera in the footage at the end is one of mine (we actually own four of these), and I indeed am usually the one operating it! I own a video production company which specializes in location sound and video recording and sound reinforcement services, and have been doing video in one form or another since 1974! My company shoots more than 50 live events annually throughout the Baltimore/DC/Northern Virginia region. These range from corporate meetings and training events to community theater productions, professional and amateur dance company productions, school concerts and plays, graduations, sports events, and other community events. We do weddings for close friends and family only, as we don't need nor do we want the aggravation of wedding videography. If I want combat pay, I can get that elsewhere and draw far less fire in the process!

Yes, I know how to use a video camera (and editing tools), sound equipment, and many other technical toys. Everything you see in the video is owned by my company, Audio-Video Freelance, Inc.. There is a lot more that was not there on that particular shoot...she who dies with the most toys wins!

Anyway, let me stop the rant and start the video...here is the second version for your viewing pleasure:


No comments: